REPORT TO: DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES
DEPARTMENT: HR & OPERATIONS
The Praxis Spinal Cord Institute (formerly Rick Hansen Institute) is a Canadian-based not-for-profit organization that leads global collaboration in spinal cord injury research, innovation, and care. We advance ground-breaking ideas that can be put into practice, making lives better. We actively engage people with spinal cord injuries and other world-class experts to work together to identify and solve the most urgent challenges to make exceptional improvements in the health of people with spinal cord injuries. The Praxis Spinal Cord Institute is proudly accredited by Imagine Canada and was named one of Canada’s Top 100 Charities by Maclean’s and Money Sense magazines, achieving an A+ rating.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources and working closely with the Controller, the Operations Coordinator is responsible for operational administrative activities for the Praxis Spinal Cord Institute including accounts payable tasks and coordinating the Praxis contracts process.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for:
- Coordinating the Praxis contracts process by reviewing contract approval forms for completion and accuracy, drafting contracts, liaising and following up with contract relationship holders throughout the process, contract document management, ensuring the contract tracking system is kept up to date and filing contracts once complete;
- Reviewing operational invoices (cell phones, couriers, teleconferencing, etc.);
- Coordinating the corporate cell phone plan including adding travel packages, transfers of responsibility, billing issues, etc.;
- Creating purchase orders for Operations and HR department and Senior Management, as required;
- Sharing duties among the administrative team, including greeting visitors, collecting mail and coordinating courier pick-up and delivery;
- Monitoring office supply inventory and placing orders when required including kitchen supplies, and tracking invoices and receipts;
- Monitoring printer supplies and placing orders when required; submitting printer counter checks and coordinating technician requests, as needed;
- Placing building maintenance requests for office deficiencies;
- Coordinating building and office access requests for new staff and students; renewing expired passes and troubleshooting access issues. Maintaining all records for access requests;
- Liaising with building administrative staff for lecture hall bookings;
- Assisting with All Staff Meeting organization;
- Monitoring activity in Praxis General Information Request email inbox;
- Backfilling for Executive Assistant, as required;
- Assisting with schedules, meeting coordination and travel arrangements for the Praxis Senior Management team, as required;
- Maintaining operations information on SharePoint;
- Preparing reports, documents, and general correspondence, as required; and
- Assisting with special projects, as required.
Accounts Payable - working under the supervision of the Controller (40%)
- Scheduling and preparing cheques, inputting invoices, processing Visa transactions and reconciliations on a monthly basis, bank and ad hoc reconciliations;
- Reviewing all purchase orders (POs), contract approval forms (CAFs) and grant checklists to ensure they are complete, budgeted and approved before entering into Navision;
- Matching all invoices, expense claims and grant reports to corresponding POs, CAFs or grant checklists in Navision;
- Ensuring all accounts payable transactions are completed for timely preparation of month-end reports.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary diploma or in office administration or related field. Post-secondary courses in accounts payable or accounting considered an asset.
- 2-3 years in a similar position.
- Computer experience with MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Experience with databases (manipulating data, running reports, etc.) would be an asset.
- Experience in accounts payable considered an asset.
- Previous experience in customer service required.
- Experience in Dynamics Navision considered an asset.
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with others with a customer service focus.
- Ability to exercise tact, solve problems, and maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Proven ability to exercise initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to proofread letters, articles, and reports.
- Effective planning, organizational and project coordination skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make administrative decisions and judgments.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates can apply here by November 22, 2019. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Must be eligible to legally work in Canada.
For more information on the Praxis Spinal Cord Institute, please visit our website at rickhanseninstitute.org.